Monday, October 27, 2014

The New Wally West

So I jus read an interview by Newsarama with the co-writers of The Flash about issue #35 and and beyond. I'm liking what they're doing with the character and I definitely love the new version of Wally West. This post is mostly about that the New Wally.

I noticed since the announced the character and show that he was black there was so much hate. And now that I he appeared in this last issue of the Flash #35, I see more hate towards the character, DC Comics and their idea of the New 52.

One of the issues I had with DC Comics a few years back, way before the New 52 was that I felt that they where stagnant, they barely reinvented themselves and most of the characters where the same since I started reading Comics in the 80's. So seeing that DC decided to the New 52 and try a different approach to their characters, new origins and new personalities made want to get back on DC Comics adventures. And yeah there have been very bad ideas, but there are some very awesome ones too.

Which brings me to Wally West and his very drastic changes. I really love the old Wally, he is the Flash that I read and grew up with. But seeing that DC wanted to bring him back and not just bring him back he has changed quite a bit... Ok he changed a lot he is black and that is awesome! Yes it is awesome because we have a major DC Comics character that is now black and now I feel more proud of DC Comics on that part.

Anyways Wally is back and he is black. So people have to chill and try to enjoy this new version of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment